SAJFS can only continue to serve our community with donations from people like you. We are a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and all donations are tax-deductible. Make a secure online donation today!
Whatever I want for myself, I want the same for that other person. And whatever I do not want for myself or my friends, I do not want for that other person. This is the meaning of the verse, “And you shall love the other person as yourself” (Leviticus 19:18). –Maimonides
It’s been a busy year at Spokane Area Jewish Family Services. As our agency’s name indicates, services are at the heart of what we do. In 2016, we worked with 44 new clients. We do everything in our power to provide what people need when they come to us, be it food, help with a utility bill, referrals to local resources, advocacy in challenging situations, transportation arrangements, or just home visits and reassurance phone calls. We offer hope and support to local families and individuals during some of the most difficult moments in their lives.
Last year, through the PJ Library and PJ Our Way programs, we sent hundreds of free Jewish books to children 11 and under in the Spokane area. In addition, we organized PJ Library storytimes and co-sponsored a PJ Library activity during Global Day of Jewish Learning. PJ Library enrollment is at capacity, and PJ Our Way, for kids 9-11, continues to grow in our area.
JFS Luncheon programs in 2016 ran the gamut from Japanese flower arranging, positive spirituality, and foreign film to Jewish music and history. These events provide seniors and others in our community with a chance to connect over shared interests, good food, and worthwhile topics or performances. Our 2016 film festival provided fascinating glimpses of Jewish life through a trio of well-made movies.
Your generous gift to SAJFS helps others achieve the kind of well-being you want for yourself and your loved ones. We invite you to designate your support to our General Fund, PJ Library and PJ Our Way, or the Deborah Ann Press Senior Program Fund. Any gift can be made in honor or in memory of someone you love, and we will send the appropriate acknowledgement.
Ways to give:
- Online via PayPal
- By check, payable to SAJFS and mailed to us at: 1322 E. 30th Ave., Spokane, WA 99203
- In-kind donations may include canes, walkers, wheelchairs, or shower chairs for our medical lending closet
- Donations of nonperishable food items help keep our food bank well stocked
- You can support us through the AmazonSmile program
- You may donate a vehicle to benefit SAJFS through the CARS program
However you choose to contribute, we thank you very much for your support.
SAJFS has several opportunities to perform acts of loving kindness (gemilut hasadim.)
- Friendly visits and supportive phone calls to homebound seniors or disabled persons
- Holiday gift deliveries to seniors (Purim, Rosh Hashanah, and Hanukkah)
- Participation in programs for families with young children (e.g., as a reader for a holiday-themed storytime)
- Performing small chores around the home
- Help with gardening or snow removal
- Providing transportation to medical appointments
- Running errands for seniors or families in need
- Clerical and administrative work for the JFS office
Please call our office at 509-747-7394 to engage in a meaningful and rewarding volunteer experience!